Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I think I'm becoming a hippie!

First a cute kid quote: This morning Aidan was sitting on the loveseat watching cartoons. I came over and sat down beside him and said, "I need a good helper to help me unload the dishwasher." He replied, "Evan is a good helper!"

Anyway, why do I think I'm becoming a hippie? This afternoon I spent way too long online looking for homemade recipes for things like laundry detergent, fabric softener, dishwasher soap, weed killer, toothpaste and baby wipes! They all seem really easy, single step recipes with not too odd of ingredients. I think the hardest thing I'll have to do is find glycerin and washing soda and grate a bar of soap!

Has anyone else tried "hippie" recipes for common cleaners???

4 comments:

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

Talk to Suze (she has her own blog - and there's a link to it from Ann's website and mine, too). She makes a lot of her own stuff, and a lot of her family members make their own stuff too! Even if she doesn't, I'm sure she can point you in the right direction!

ann said...

i have a book called Dine On A Dime that has a whole make your own cleaning products section. It also has one on how to make your own beauty products. Anyway, if you want to email me about specific things you want to learn how to make, I can send you the 'recipes.'

I know the book talks about being able to get stuff like essential oils and glycerin at health food stores. Maybe some place like Wild Oats. Do you have that in minnesota?

Your kids are SO CUTE. That's funny what he said about Evan. It's even cuter because it was a nice thing to say!!!!

Tooz said...

Hey, did you ever find out if you could get music on here? I can't click on this without starting to hum Tara's Theme.

Tara said...

Haven't figured out how to put music on it. Guess you'll just have to hum Tooz! :)