Sunday, May 27, 2007

Oh my oh my oh my

We are actually considering moving to the COUNTRY!!! And I am excited about it! Me, who's never lived more than 10 feet from another house in my whole entire LIFE, city girl through and through. I am actually excited about moving myself, my husband and my four kids to a 5 acre hobby farm in a city 15 minutes from my church and life as I know it. Currently there are 2 dogs, 2 roosters, 4 geese (big ol' white ones with the knob on the beak), 4 guinea hens and 4 actual live peacocks living o that property with an almost 60 year old lady. And the animals stay with the property. Yikes. What the heck do you do with a guinea hen or a peacock anyway???

5 comments:

Tooz said...

Oh, honey, you listen to them scream and shriek for hours on end. They are very noisy birds, albeit beautiful ones (well, the peacocks are beautiful, anyway). And peacocks like to roost in trees (or at least perch in them). One time at the zoo in Cincinnati, I had a peacock drop a deposit on my head--a pretty good-sized one!

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

They eat ticks, and I think I read once they chase away snakes, too. So that's a couple of good things!

Jayson Wittrup said...

You will need a tractor. Dane can help you pick one out :-)

GiBee said...

The kids will LOVE it!!!

Watch out for the geese ... they can be mean, and chase you!

Sleeping Mommy said...

Wow! We are moving to the country too but it's more like a neighborhood in the country where each house has about an acre or so of property--we won't have livestock beyond our dogs, cats, and bunnies though.

Have fun, you are about to embark on an adventure!