Thursday, June 12, 2008

Welcome to the Country!

This afternoon we had some friends over. Leah and two of her kids came to play. Leah and I eventually made our way outside to take a look at the kittens. Scruff, the mama cat, was enjoying a nice afternoon snack...of dead mouse. Well, I guess it's better than a live one! The kids (a total of 5) were all watching the kittens romp in the weeds and while they noticed that Scruff was dining on Mickey's cousin, they weren't bothered at all by it. They seemed to take it in stride that cats kill and eat mice. Circle of life and all that rot. In fact, Toby went to take the mouse away from Scruff to get a better look at it. I stopped him just before he grabbed the mouse with a cookie bar in one hand. Toby, not the mouse. The mouse wasn't really up for a cookie bar. Scruff got him before he could get to them. "Toby, don't touch the dead mouse." "But Mom, I wasn't gonna' eat it for heaven's sake! I just wanted to look at it!"

Good thing. Scruff might have given you a run for your money, Toby! Yack.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Double yack!!
Your kids crack me up!
I remember a picnic/family reunion at my dad's cousin's farm when I was younger. I think it was the family dog that got hold of a mouse. At some point, it let the mouse go/the mouse escaped and was hopping off, perhaps missing a foot. It was very yack. I definitely wasn't going to eat it, either.

Melanie, Who am I ? said...

The only thing I have to say is.... FUNNIEST ONE YET!!!

Decoration For Your Wedding said...

you have nice blog Tara

visit My..