Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Works For Me Wednesday

Today's works for me Wednesday is an idea I borrowed from a more seasoned mother. I've made a rotating chore chart for my three boys. There are two circles, one smaller than the other. The outer circle has a job listed and the inner circle lists the names of the kids. Each boy has a different job to do each day. Some people might change the jobs every week or month, but by keeping it a daily change I keep them intersted and excited about the different jobs! Here's a picture of the chart. The mail man has to run out to the mailbox and get the mail (or put outgoing mail into the box). The "Laundry Man" brings laundry down from our upstairs and sorts it into the laundry sorter. The "Odd Jobs Man" does those little jobs that come up and need doing like setting the table or stocking the diaper drawers. All of the jobs are adjustable according to the age of the "Man". Every night after kids go to bed I rotate the name circle one job clockwise. Each morning the kids run down and find out what their job is for the day! Works For ME! Check out Shannon's blog at Rocks in My Dryer for other great ideas!

3 comments:

Tooz said...

I really really really like Works for me Wednesday, even though I can't always use the advice. I'm glad you clued me in to it! This is a great tip. I also loved the haiku on Bubba's blog. Love you all, too, even though I've only met one of you! I hope the kids are all well.

Justabeachkat said...

Tara

What a great idea! I'll have to pass this on to my daughters-in-law.

Thanks for stopping by my blog too. Come again anytime. You're always welcome.

Hugs!
Kat

onemotherslove said...

Great idea!