Saturday, December 02, 2006

A busy couple of days!

Well, I'm so proud of myself! I've sewn 1 1/2 pillow cases and discovered that I don't like sewing with polar fleece. I do like the end results, but the fleece is so thick that it doesn't go through the machine easily. It isn't a huge struggle, so I'm going to finish Aidan's pillow case and do Toby's tonight.

This morning Aidan and I went to our church's Angel Breakfast. This is the third year for the program and the kids always love it. It is geared for 2-5 year olds, so only Aidan was eligible this year! Next year Toby and Aidan will both be able to go. We do a picture, an advent calendar and have a light brunch. They also have "angels" singing for us and a Bible story. Aidan recognized one of the "angels" as his buddy Anthony and was very excited! Jim took Evan and Toby to the bank and a drive. Then, after the breakfast a family from church took Aidan for a play date. Evan joined him a little while later so Jim and I took Toby to lunch at the mall. We also got out the Christmas tree. Toby loves it! He comes over every now and then to say, "hi, guys" to the angels and ask them what they're doing. Soooo cute! He just came over and said, "nice tree".

One more cute kid story for this entry. :) Last night Jim was talking about watching "Cars" with the kids after dinner. Toby chimed in and said his first four word sentence. "Watch puppies, no cars." He was VERY deliberate and emphatic in getting the point across that he wanted to watch "Lady and the Tramp" and NOT "Cars"!!!

3 comments:

ann said...

Cute cute cute!

And speaking of cute, I'd love to see a picture of the new mommy haircut. I think I saw a commercial recently (meaning, in the last year, since we don't have a tv) about an invisible mommy. I thought about it when you posted that belly picture. You are not invisible--we want to see your face :-) or at least I do! I want to see the haircut! I get excited about haircuts.

So is your whole tree decorated with angels? Our granny had a set of angel lights on her tree. They were beautiful.

Tara said...

I had bad hair in those other pictures!!! I'll see what I can do about a recent picture, belly, hair and all. The Suave commercial with the invisible mommy is the one you're talking about. I've seen it, felt it and love it! :)

ann said...

Sometimes when I go to click on the link to your blog, "Elmo's Song" comes in my head. Not sure why. La la la la La la la la Tara's World...La la la la La la la la Tara's World...