Monday, March 23, 2009

A Quick Check In

I have a minute or two to spare and thought I'd jot down a quick note for the two of you who have mocked me for not blogging. I loaded up the four young'uns last Thursday and drove them over two hundred miles to my sister's house in South Dakota. They were thrilled. And they were fantastic! We saw the Butterfly House, we played arcade games at a pizza joint, we hit the junk shops and we spent time with the relatives. Believe it or not, it was a fabulous time! I have traveled alone with the kids (does that even make sense?) several times and I always come away with a new appreciation for single parents. So if you're reading this and you're a single parent you get a big ol' round of applause from me. Good Job!!! Stay at home mom is a tough gig, but single parenting is an even tougher one.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Well at least I know you're kickin'! ;)

Yup, traveling "alone with the kids" makes complete sense...and is something I was always fearful of doing until a couple years ago.

Have a groovy week, my MN friend!