Wednesday, November 19, 2008

WFMW


Yeseterday morning I was talking with my friend, Mel, and asked her what her plan was for the day. She said she was going to go to Walmart. I had a couple of things to get/return to Walmart and other errands in that area of town, so I offered her a trade. She would return my movie, sell my kid's too small winter coat, pick up my milk and chicken and return my light bulbs. I would watch her two kids. That's a total of three stops she could make speedy quick because she didn't have her two kids with her and three errands I wouldn't have to do with three kids in full winter gear. It took her approximately half a nanosecond to agree to the deal and she brought over her kidlets a little while later.

Remember how sometimes it is actually less work to have extra kids? Well, yesterday that was mostly the case. I got a bunch of housework done and also got the ugly 80s country blue floral wallpaper removed from my kitchen! With FIVE kids in the house ages 5 and under! Woo Hoo!

So, what works for me? Swapping errand running for child care! Shannon has lots of other ideas linked up at her place. Zip on over there and see if there is something for you today!

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

A friend and I do this as well. It really is so much easier!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

That is great! I usually call one of my friends when I'm at the grocery store to see if I can pick up anything for her. She usually has us go with her to outings as she has room in the van to save on gas. :D

Abbi said...

That sounds like that worked well! Great idea.
I was drawn to your blog because I noticed your address was Minnesota mama. I am also a Mn mama, living in North central MN.