Friday, March 23, 2007

I did it!!!

I am so pleased and proud of myself and my boys (and girl, though she didn't really have much to do with it!). Tonight Jim and I took the kids to Dos Amigos for dinner before his a meeting at church. As I was getting up to gather my chicks around me to leave, an older woman tapped me on the back. "I just wanted to tell you that you have beautiful children. And they were so well behaved here at dinner! I have a four year old great grandson who cannot sit still to eat at a restaurant." :) Well, I was so pumped from that grand pat on the back that I took the kids to Goodwill after. I figured I couldn't be scared to take all four out by myself (I hadn't done it yet, and Avery turned 4 weeks old today). Well, not only did I find a new exercise ball and dvd for only $7, but I also found the cutest Carters dress for the little Avery. It's hot pink with Eric Carle's "Very Hungry Caterpillar" butterfly on it. It says something about being a beautiful butterfly. Its brand new, with the tags on it and I got it for only $5!!! Yeah for me! Downer? I only had $5 cash on me, and no checks in the checkbook. So, I only got the dress. Dang, now those rock hard abs will just have to wait...

1 comment:

Jenn-Jenn, the Mother Hen said...

That's awesome! My mom always used to say that it didn't matter if the kids sometimes acted up at home; it's how they act in public that is a true testament of your parenting!

Way to go! And we'll need to see a pic of Avery in that adorable dress!